Waiting rooms and social media go together like peanut butter and jelly. Too bad most businesses with waiting rooms don’t take advantage of this fact. Here’s a few easy things you can do to take advantage of the time your client will spend on his / her “glass” while waiting in your lobby.
- Make sure the following are clearly visible
- WiFi Guest Network NAME and PASSWORD
- Facebook Page ADDRESS (username address)
- Twitter Handle(s)
- Google Business ID (for reviews)
- Mobile App Icon and name as it appears in the App Store
- Instructions on how to download your media kit
- When your receptionist hands the new client their “clip board” please add the following:
- How do you prefer to be notified of your next appointment (call, email, text, private message, direct message)
- Would you like us to send an invite to your Google Calendar?
- If you have lousy WiFi, upgrade! I can deal with slow access to healthcare but NOT slow access to the internet.
- Install a TWITTER BOARD (60+” Monitor on the wall should be just fine for a 20’x15′ room) and set it to a single hashtag.
- Hashtag should have nothing to with your business. That’s just stupid. Make it fun!
- Turn the filters OFF. Let your clients see their tweets in realtime. Be Brave! Most tweeters behave.
- ADD High Quality Content (Art + Copy) to your Facebook Page under ALBUMS. Allowing them to download your “media kit”
That was easy. The hard part is making this work seamlessly with your client’s glass and your backend systems. That’s what we do –> social business process designs. It’s the hard stuff. But it’s also where your treasure is buried.
Tidy up those waiting rooms people. Good luck out there. If you need my help, you know where to find me.
You can thank me later. 🙂