As part of “Killing Anonymity” you will be able to securely project an image versus creating even more aliases. This article addresses how you can create your projection booth TODAY. This process, this feature will greatly improve over the next 5 years but for now this is what you are limited to on Facebook.
Before I get to the exact “how to setup your digital projection booth in 2015” let me explain why Anonymity must die. I call them pseudonyms. Instagram calls then aliases. Twitter calls them handles. LinkedIn calls them a violation of terms and conditions. Facebook tries to delete them but rather have the monthly active user rate climb than scope out fake profiles. Unverified Handles, Aliases, Profiles ARE DANGEROUS. The most important advent in digital media since the invention of the transistor is the LACK OF ANONYMITY that Facebook and later Google+ introduced and enforced for a brief moment in time.
Multiple benefits to killing anonymity:
- significant reduction in violent crime! #1 by far! WE (all of us) are outnumbered now. WE (All of us) add up to about 8,000,000,000 globally. At current estimates there are over 10,000,000,000 ACTIVE cameras on this little blue ball we call earth. You can’t hide any longer. For every action, there is a camera watching and recording your dumbass.
- The digital divide. It will be way worse than the economic divide on our little planet. Actually if you are poor, your digital 2nd life will either rise YOU to middle class OR it will lower you to 4th class. SO sorry my friends, but this digital divide cannot be bridged.
- You will always know your “relationship” status. Not girlfriends, not boyfriends. not husbands, not wives. When we eliminate pseudonyms, a man cannot be a woman. a woman cannot be a man. an adult cannot be a child. a child cannot be an adult. YOU are YOU. You are allowed to project an image to multiple audiences! BUT YOU are YOU. Your sarcasm can be projected in Theatre #3 while you project Mickey Mouse in Theatre #6. (simultaneously btw.)
- No more identity theft. When WE (all of US) get VERIFIED and we can only be US (no fake identities) the paper trail becomes way too easy. I can find you! I can track you! I can smell your evil from a few thousand miles away.
AGAIN, this will improve over time but for now this is how you can run a digital projection booth on Facebook:
- Write down on a piece of paper what your theatre looks like. How many films are you showing? What is your audience? How many ratings do you have? (G, PG-13, R). How often do you project? What times do you project? Think about it carefully. This is the most important step.
- Create multiple SECRET groups. I suggest a PC/MAC for this operation. IF you are savvy, you can use a smartphone or tablet. Do NOT use “Closed”, use “Secret”. That’s the key – “Secret”.
- Invite your audience to your films – Theatre 1, Theatre 2, Theatre 3, etc. You do this using the “invite” button. In 2015, they are automatically added. However, expect that to change.
- Make it clear in the DESCRIPTION of your SECRET GROUP what are the GROUND RULES.
- Once you discover your audience participation, ask your most pleasant content contributor to be your co-adminstrator.
- Get use to your new NEWSFEED. It will freak you out at first!!! Your newsfeed will show everything going on in all of YOUR theaters. HOWEVER, you’ll notice a tiny tiny icon next to each stream object that let’s you know only THAT PARTICULAR AUDIENCE can view it.
HERE’s the big trick! –> Your Facebook wall is now your lobby. Your concession stand. Keep it clean. Keep it serving the masses. ALL OTHER POSTS are done in your Theaters (your secret groups).
And that ladies and gentlemen is how you can BE YOU and project your multiple personalities and not worry if your boss or your mommy or your daughter or your co-worker or your ex-wife can see your shit. You decide who’s invited to Theatre 1, Theatre 2, Theatre 3.
You can thank me later. 🙂